I’ll be honest I’ve never been that crazy about Halloween. I do love making, creating, dreaming up costumes. Of course I love the candy, Hocus Pocus, and Halloweentown. But I’ve never been into the scary movies, haunted houses kinda thing.
When I worked at Disney it definitely changed my feelings for Halloween and so did becoming a Mom. I fell in love with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, the Boo to You parade, the music, the special events, the more fun side of Halloween again! There are so many great Disney Halloween costumes out there and I want to share my top 10 favorite ideas with you.
- I’ll start with a few throwing it back to the 90’s. I couldn’t love these Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers costumes from Magic Kingdom Mamas more! This was one of my favorite shows as a kid and it just brings back all the good feels from Disney Afternoons. Magic Kingdom Mamas are Disneyland bloggers who know all there is to know about Disneyland make sure to check them out here and on Instagram @magic_kingdom_mamas.
2. Next is this Zenon Girl of the future costume from Claire over at @cvdoss. Zetus Leptus, another Disney Channel Classic. I just love seeing people throwing it back this year and getting creative. One of the things I love most about Halloween.
3. Amuck Amuck Amuck! Ok what’s not to love about these costumes of my 3 favorite witches. You can’t go wrong with Hocus Pocus!
4. I do have to say Disney Channel does still have it with some their original movies. Even I have enjoyed the Descendants movies and these costumes from Descendants 2 are just fantastic!
5. When you have 2 to dress up it’s so fun to pair them together. I just love this WallE and Eve brother sister pair.
6. With sweet friends expecting twins soon I just loved @twinthusastics Cruella and Dalmatians costumes. I mean how adorable are they!
7. Star Wars is ever so popular, and I love this mother son duo of Princess Leia and Kylo Ren. Hilary has even shared her DIY of her no sew costume here over on the Anaheim Moms blog.
8. You can’t beat this Mermaid family, it’s a classic but I just love it! The Little Mermaid is my absolute favorite and I can definitely seeing my family doing this in the future as I have another Ariel fan in my house these days.
9. This is probably one of my favorite costumes I’ve seen this season from Raven over at the Disney Dorm. The Live action Beauty in the Beast was a huge success and I think I might love it more than the original animated version. Raven made a fantastic Provincial Belle. You can find this costume over at Fun Costumes, the purse at Hot Topic, and the shoes at Forever 21. Make sure to also check out Raven’s instagram page @thedisneydorm.
10. I’ve saved the BEST for last because this costume is just so creative and amazing and you will only understand if you have been to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party before. This may be one of the best I’ve seen. Mel did a fantastic job creating these costumes. They are the wristbands, and wristband distribution for the party. I always love seeing people get extra creative just like this!
What is your favorite Disney Halloween Costume? We are being pretty simple this year with Minnie Mouse because that’s what my Minnie obsessed daughter has requested.